This recipe was sent to me by Andrew in Australia as an oven bake clay.
It got some bad comments (see below), so I made a batch myself. I actually thought it was pretty good clay - but do read the comments on how to make it before you start. You don't want to be just putting all the ingredients straight into a bowl and expecting it to work out. Add your liquid slowly and carefully to get the results you want.
Recipe for Homemade Clay:
* 2 Cups Flour
* 1 Cup Salt
* 1 Cup Water
* 1 1/2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
* Wax Paper
* 1 Mixing Bowl
* Cookie Sheet
Want to check out more recipes?
- Mix the salt and flour together in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the water and oil to the dry ingredients. Mix them together until you get a smooth consistency. Note: I didn't need to add all the water and oil to get a good firm dough. Stop pouring when you have a good clay.
- Pull off a section of the dough to work with.
- Shape the dough into any design that you want. Just try not to make the shapes too thick.
- Place your creations on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper and cook in an oven at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for about 45 minutes-1 hour. Note: I found that unless the models were pretty flat they will need a much longer cooking time than this.
- When they are done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- You can then paint the objects if desired.
Find out how to make clay
with my top 5 clay recipes.Need some homemade clay project ideas?
Why not try these easy clay project for kids