Homeschool Pros and Cons
10 Advantages and Disadvantages
Home >> Pros and Cons of Homeschooling >> Top 10 Homeschool Pros and Cons
What are the problems and benefits of homeschool?
Here is a quick guide to homeschooling cons and pros.
- Socialization - some children can be isolated.
- Reduced income - generally one parent has to give up work.
- Exams can be harder to organize.
- With your child all the time.
- Child could be indoctrinated.
- Full responsiblity for child's education - it is totally up to the parents to make it work.
- Team sports may be more difficult.
- Constantly required to justify your decision.
- May need to juggle different age groups.
- Have to still cope with the child's education during emergencies.
Want to read more about the problems with homeschooling? See Homeschooling Cons
- Socialization - children can choose friends that suit them.
- Freedom from peer pressure.
- Education matched to child.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Able to instil family values.
- Testing to suit family philosophy.
- More time spent together as a family.
- More relaxed - no queueing outside classrooms or school runs.
- 1 on 1(ish)attention to child.
- Curriculum can be extended over standard one.
Want to read more? See Advantages to Homeschooling
More Homeschooling Pros and Cons
Return from Homeschool Pros and Cons to Homeschooling-Ideas Home
Enjoy this page? Please share with your friends. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.