The Surprise Advantages of Homeschooling
Home >> Pros and Cons >> Homeschooling Benefits
One of the wonderful advantages of homeschooling, is that you find some wonderful benefits from it that you never expected - those little things that make life good.
These are the benefits that we as homeschoolers forget to talk about :) The ones that just seem to arrive unannounced and then settle down to stay. Yes, we have the much touted benefits (like a personalized education). But these are the little things.
The following is my list of the benefits to homeschooling that have surprised and delighted me.
Surprise Benefits to Homeschooling
- No waiting in the cold for the school bus.
- I have learnt so much, never mind the children!
- My children are happy.
- You can sleep in if you were late to bed (because you were stargazing)
- We get the whole park to ourselves because everyone else is at school.
- I don't have to miss my children.
- We have fun together.
- Being able to work 'on the road' (audiobooks in the car have been an education in themselves).
- We get time to do our own thing.
- We are healthy - no 'regular' colds, and we have never had nits!
- More family time.
- No standing in line (except at the post office).
- We can enjoy the simple life.
- No sitting at a desk all day.
- No being a slave to the school calendar. We can vacation when WE want to.
- I am there for the 'firsts' - like the first word they read, or the first time they did multiplication.
- Conversations. The backbone of our homeschooling. I love those 'chats' we have.
- No time wasting - unless we want to waste it.
- Not clock bound - we can learn anytime, anywhere.
- A wide wide curriculum - the world is our oyster.
- More and better homeschool field trips.
- I know what is going on in my children's lives. Mostly!
Aren't they wonderful things to have in your life!
There's More!Advantages to Homeschooling
Benefits of Homeschooling - why I homeschool.
Top 10 Homeschool Pros and Cons
More Pros and Cons of Homeschooling
Leave Homeschooling Benefits for Homeschooling-Ideas Home
Enjoy this page? Please share with your friends. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.